Total Pageviews

Friday 7 August 2020

All I Need is my Bicycle, Part 0: Prequel

Sorry I'm a bit late with my blog! By the time you're reading this I've already left on a great adventure, riding a bicycle from Whistler, just north of Vancouver, to my hometown of Toronto, a 4400 km distance across the TransCanada Highway.
The Okanagan Valley, BC

I decided to go on a cycle touring adventure at this time for several reasons. The seed was planted years ago through traveling and meeting amazing humans combining cycle touring and traveling to exotic countries. One such human travels with a drone and laptop and makes amazing videos through Ratbag Nomads. Another memorable human did it to raise money for cancer research through Cycling 4 Cancer.

The cascade of events this year that led me to my own adventure kicked off with the pandemic. The pandemic turned a one-month layover in a friend's rural community into a three month stay there in a tiny camper van.
A beautiful rural community I got to be a part of - Vancouver Island, BC
 
This rural community is filled with, in my opinion, the most amazing collection of humans in this part of the world, filling me with so much love and connection. But there's no long term space for me, so in considering my own future, I felt now was the time for adventure before I committed long term to such a community in the future.

Besides, I was out of work due to the pandemic, I couldn't leave the country, and I hadn't seen my family since early 2019. So why not cycle halfway across the country to see them, right? If I needed any more validation, a friend of the community's really wanted in. I offered him my space and he offered me his touring bike - it was a perfect swap!
This is my entire life right now
 
The way this adventure fell into place also fell snugly into the narrative of my life of the past several years - being open hearted, following my intuition and finding synchronicity. Besides the cascade of events that led me here, the internal motivation for my adventure is to spread love, hope and inspiration in a time the world needs it the most.

On an individual level the pandemic has been a good news story. Over the past several years I have called in an abundance of love and connection, and it culminated in landing in the rural community, allowing that love and connection to blossom even more.

This adventure is not powered by thunder thighs or a focus on cardio. Yes, I do tons of hiking and so my fitness was already in a good place. But I truly feel that this adventure is powered by love. Everything I do is powered by the love I've cultivated in myself and in connection with others, and the purpose of it is to spread that love to those who need it, parlaying that into hope and inspiration.
Having a good time in Banff National Park, AB
 
With that I hope you stay tuned in, and receive love, hope and inspiration from my journey. More blogs and photos to come! In the meantime you can follow me on IG @my2barefeet or add me on FB (profile here)

No comments:

Post a Comment